Friday, April 1, 2011

DEMONWORLD!

I have LOADS of pictures! For these armies, I've had to tweak my painting style in order to do 15mm's justice. I've been using a lot of inks, and some dramatic highlighting, and I am very happy with the results! 

First, some Humans! I have two holy order soldiers, and a champion. There are also a few pics of some barbarian berserkers!
I like the 15mm figures, because (as you can see on the blue cloak) small details really stand out.
 These guys needed woad, so I brought out my woad-blue and went to town. These Conan-Braveheart looking fellows are amongst my favourite so far because they have so much character and detail.


I've been painting a lot of Orcs, because whether in 15 or 28mm, Orcs are always fun to paint. I did the skin for these Orcs in Citadel's Gretchin Green, with a wash of sepia, and a final highlight of the Citadel pale yellow foundry paint. They look pretty unique, as the green looks more earthy than typical bright green Orcs.

SPIDER RIDER

ORCS SKIRMISHERS - Remember these guys?

TROLLS! Another set of my favourite sculpts from this company!
 HEROES

 SHAMAN CLOSE-UP
 ORC GUARD AND DWARF SCALP-TAKERS
 If you look carefully at the banner on the left, you can see that the paint is cracked, making it look like an old banner made of human, or dwarf, skin!

 Note the dwarf scalps on their belts...

I'm still trucking through these fantastic models. Thank you for the pictures, Ken! Stay tuned for more Demonworld models. Comments welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment